July 23, 2012

Hi peeps! ...me faltan 17 semanas


We went to the park as usual the week after transfers. Then we went to the mall with some of the hermanas. I had a fun time.  I also got lots of letters and the package from Grandma Harvey.  I love the shirt she sent.  I am wearing it right now.  So it´s been a pretty good week.  We didn't have anyone new at Church yesterday, but one girl came and a boy who´s mom is reactivating.  The other hermanas in the ward didn´t have much success yesterday either.  My companion is still sick but she´s on antibiotics and stuff so she´s on the mend.  I am as healthy as a horse, so not to worry.  We went to a ¨cosecha¨ or harvest in another ward in our zone on Saturday.  We split off with the members and the member I went with was nice.  It was cool even though most of us didn´t get to talk to very many people.  We had a good day yesterday when none of our appointments fell through.  We had time to do our contacts too and had a couple of new investigators.  We´ve had lots of rain this week.  We waited out a storm at an investigator’s house and then left to find a few lakes in the streets but we managed to be creative with our routes to get where we needed to.  I got a nice letter from Joyce this week and I also got a good letter from Tami Allen.  I was thinking how it has been 12 years since Tanner passed away, since I always associate the Summer Olympics with that.  I will really miss seeing the Olympics and the presidential election but there will be others.  I finished reading the Book of Mormon out loud in Spanish this week which was cool.  So I´ve read it once in English and once in Spanish during the mission.  The president wants us to read all of Preach My Gospel by the next zone conference.  Maybe you can read through it too just for kicks. :)   Life is good here in the DR.  I am doing good here - happy and healthy. I just sent some pictures from today at the park, so enjoy those when you get them ...like my new shirt?  I am so looking forward to seeing your lovely faces in 17 little weeks.  I can´t believe Lexxy got her travel plans!  I don´t imagine I´ll be getting mine until October.  I sure love you peeps.  Have a great week!   Love your Dominican daughter, ejc


No comments: