December 26, 2011

Hola Peeps!

It was grand talking to you all yesterday. Waiting for your call, I was like a kid on Christmas morning...oh wait it was Christmas! J I have never been more excited for a phone call. It was grand and went by way too fast. I’m just enjoying p-day. We relaxed in the morning and printed our emails and then met up with the other hermanas in our zone and 2 other hermanas and got empanadas and juice...my favorite chinola juice. I don't think there is an equivalent in the US but you can look it up if you want. We had a good rest of Christmas Day. My comp skyped her family and then we rested for a little while and then went to the ward mission leader's house for dinner. I was really stuffed. I am kind of glad we cook our own food because it is just easier, although I know being a polite human garbage disposal like Alexis is, is a good skill to have. J  It was soooooo good hearing your voices and before we know it, it will be Mother's Day. Good times. I hope you are all enjoying yourselves. I cranked out some letters yesterday while my comp was skyping so that was fun.
Thank you sooooo much for all of the mail. I have the best family ever and ward family too.  Well, what can I tell you that I didn't tell you yesterday?  It was soooo good hearing your voices. I am still laughing hard about things Dad was saying. Funny stuff.  My comp thought it was funny too. I also thought it was funny that Lexxy thinks things like that too.  Thanks Dad. JIt was great talking with you and it was like nothing had changed and that it hadn't been months since we had talked. I know eventually things will change like getting married eventually, but when I get home I just want it to be the good old times with the four of us for a while and just like it was before I left. Can't wait ‘til next year. So things are good here. It is great having the power back on. The ward mission leader temporarily fixed it earlier in the week but we were still having issues and my comp went outside and started playing with the wires and then fortunately the power truck drove by and stopped and fixed it when they saw her messing with it. So we've had power and that is grand. Yippee!  It’s nice not having to shower (bucket bathe) by flashlight, although it was entertaining. When I get home I’ll just need a bucket, cup, and flashlight to take a shower. J  I’ve kind of forgotten what it is like to take a shower with hot water.  It has been quite cool here lately which means our water has been quite cool too, but at least we have water.  I saw the window that Hermana Mcentire climbed out to get on their roof during the bird issues and it was quite a little stretch to get from the window to the roof.  Crazy! There wasn't as much partying last night as there was on the 24th. They had lots of loud music playing which kept my comp up, but not me. I think that is a skill I learned in marching band, being able to sleep anywhere, on a bus or whatever. I usually sleep like a rock. We had the ward Christmas party this week which was fun. I love you sooooo much. I hope Lexxy's training is going well. I loved her mini gym story and can't wait to compare Spanish in a year. Good times ahead. Thanks for the great Christmas!  Love you to the 46th power. Ejc


P.S. Here are some photos from the zone Christmas party, the temple, more pictures from Christmas, and my sweet tan lines. Enjoy!

Happy Christmas Eve, zona oriental... That’s my zone.









No comments: