December 19, 2011

Hi peeps! Rivas week 19

Well, I am a little short on time, but I have about 30 minutes. I was reading all of the emails you sent which are fantastic. I can´t wait to talk to you on Sunday.  So I am still in Rivas. My comp is Hermana Camposano from Argentina, Buenas Aires. She is 26 and the first missionary in her family. They are members but she and her sister are the most active. From what I can tell the culture here is very different for her and I have realized how much I have progressed with the life here. I can eat just about anything and I enjoy my rice and beans at every meal but she isn´t a fan. She´ll be over that in a few months. She is cool and we are learning together. So the training is for 12 weeks so that means I will be in Rivas until March. Crazy, but it is all good and hopefully we will have some baptisms soon. Congrats on yours Lenny.  We are doing well.  I got some dearelders at the change meeting but no packages. Don´t worry.  The best part of Christmas will be talking to you!  I am sure I will have some on Wednesday when we have the big Christmas party in Managua. We are all waiting for some. One of the elders said he was waiting for his mini gym. I thought he was just kidding but really his mom sent those perfect pushups things on TV and a bar to do pull ups. That was funny when we realized he was serious. Anyway, I am sure there will be some. I am enjoying the 12 days of Christmas and I was so happy with the nail files today. You are the bestest.  
Hermana Cottam
 Hermana Camposano
So I sent a few pics...
We had to send them to an elder to make a slideshow so I just sent it to you too.  I am doing well. I am in Jinotepe right now. We are staying here tonight and tomorrow because it didn´t make sense to come for the activity today, go back, and come back tomorrow so we can take the bus with the zone on Wednesday morning. So we are hanging out with the hermanas here. Anyway, I am super excited for your call on Sunday but really, like Elena said, I am content here and can’t believe it is already Christmas. The mission president and his wife are celebrating their 20th anniversary this week. At the change meeting Hermana Monestel told about her dad with Alzheimer’s and it made me see them more as just one of us with lots of the same things going on in their lives. I really liked when they told more about themselves. She is the only member and has left her family behind these 3 years. They are halfway and just sent the first sister home that got here after them. President was telling about their kids and I thought it was the same way you talk about us and I liked that. Anyway, the activity will be super fun this week and I am excited. The elders said, "2 p-days this week".  I love you tons and know I am where I need to be.  Well, I am off.  I can´t wait until Sunday. I love you tons. Thanks for being the bestest. I am doing well and hope you have a great week. Love, alc

No comments: