November 7, 2011

I'm here & I have big news!


So I am on the computer now. I am using a mac laptop at a library which is a little weird but it is free and luckily I have experience working on macs thanks to GDP. So, last night the mission president called and I handed the phone to my comp because I figured it was for her and then she put me on. I couldn´t really understand everything that he said, but he asked me to train the new sister. Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found out that she is from Utah and is learning Spanish too. When the mission president called I thought he was joking but I realized that he probably wouldn´t be making prank calls. :) So it will definitely be an experience. As I was fasting yesterday and closing with a prayer I asked to know that the changes are inspired. Little did I know what was coming. I am a bit nervous, but I will just trust that this is what I need to do and I am going to need the gift of tongues more than ever. I guess the Lord and the mission president trust me more than I trust my abilities right now. So we went to the office today and I got a package from you. I didn´t open it as it is easier to carry on the bus home, but thanks. I also got dearelders and letters and the shirt from Grandma Harvey last week. So I finished off my big 40 oz jar of peanut butter this week, just to let you know. We also ran out of gas but luckily my comp wasn´t going to wait days to ask one of the members to go get some for us. So we have gas. :) I saw a dead rat on the side of the street amidst some trash and would have taken a picture but didn’t have my camera with me. I will be picking up my new comp tomorrow and my current comp and her new comp will be going to their area tomorrow. It will be real interesting. It has only been 12 weeks since I was doing this myself. I will likely be with my new comp for Christmas as usually the training is for 12 weeks. So I will probably have 4 transfers here. I was hoping for a change, but this wasn´t what I was imagining. So, it was Thursday that I was with Hermana Mcentire and as I was praying at the end of the day, I had the feeling that Lexxy had had a real good day too with her new comp...don´t know if that´s true but I felt that you were doing good, Alexis. Hermana Mcentire, from the CCM, and I spent one of the mornings this week together when our trainers had a meeting. We felt like little kids who were away from their parents for the first time and it was exciting. We had a great time. We spent most of our study time chatting but we went out and worked for a couple of hours in my area visiting a couple of people and contacting. I really hope we get to be companions again. Hermana Mcentire and Chessy´s friend are still comps and in my district so I like that :) At the meeting they announced that they are going to be making improvements to the houses like painting them, new mattresses, and also generators!!!!! Yipee! That means we don´t have to worry about the power. They had some interesting facts about church membership. There are 14 million members, 4 million attend Sacrament meeting, and 2 million pay tithing or are temple worthy. Isn´t that crazy! Can you imagine if all 14 million members were active how much the church would grow. Just thought you´d find those facts interesting. We also started our English and Portuguese classes this week. I taught the alphabet, numbers, days of the week, etc. There were quite a few kids there so it wasn´t too intimidating. The Portuguese classes will not be continuing unless my new comp speaks Portuguese. :) Today I am still with my old comp and her new comp is staying with us tonight until I pick up the newbie tomorrow. I don´t know what I would have thought if my trainer had been an American who didn´t speak Spanish and just finished her training. :) Alexis, it sounds like your comp is like the comp I have had this transfer. It was nice cuz I wasn´t stressed about saying anything but I wasn´t pushed to learn a lot either, but that is going to change. We also have a new district leader so things will be interesting. :) I hope you have a grand week and I´m sure I´ll have lots to tell you next Monday. I am going to be learning a lot of Spanish since this transfer my comp was happy doing most of the teaching and talking. I love you all tons. I am always thinking about how blessed I am to be sealed to you for eternity. There isn´t anything better. That was funny about Lexxy´s dream last week. There will definitely be some big hugs coming in 13 months. All of the people leaving were at the office today and someday that will be me. I love you all sooooooooo much. ejc

No comments: