October 15, 2012

5 weeks and counting

So I am on the computer now.  We´ve had a good p-day.  We went to the park as usual on the first p-day after transfers. Then we went to the mall and I enjoyed some Taco Bell and frozen yogurt.  Now we are back in the area using internet.  My desire to write real letters is decreasing but I will try and send some and a letter for Mom´s b-day that hopefully will get there in time.  I am glad to hear Mom´s surgery went well.  Lexxy, not cool that you wore my favorite shoes.  I hope your feet have shrunk since I do not want them stretched out.  I plan to wear them when I get home. J  When will I get to register for classes?  So this week has been a good week.  The changes in the house have been nice with our new roommates.  I really have found that I enjoy my companions a lot more when we are not companions.  Hermana Domgaard and I enjoy each other.  She´s funny and she likes it since I always laugh at her jokes.  She´s been teaching me how to play dominoes and all the Dominican rules.  I will be buying some dominoes before I come home.  We have also played Phase 10.  Good times.  It´s amazing what some fresh people can bring to the house.  So the hermanas moved in on Tuesday.  We cleaned up the house and then went out in the afternoon.  On Wednesday morning I took them around to show them where a bunch of the investigators live.  I had a sore throat that morning but no fever.  Then we had lunch and I took my temperature again and it was 102.7 or something.  I told them and they all said, go to bed.  I really didn´t feel that bad so I was surprised to have such a high fever.  Anyways, we stayed in the rest of the day.  We decided not to go to the zone and district meeting on Thursday and Hermana Hernandez called to see if I wanted to go to the doctor.  My ears and throat were weird so we decided to go to the doctor at the CCM to make sure I didn´t have an ear infection or strep.  My fever had gone down by that point.  We finished our weekly planning session after the doctor´s visit and he said to take it easy the rest of the day and that it was just a virus que anda...have Lexxy say that in Spanish.  It´s funnier.  Hermana Domgaard kept saying that. J Anyways, on Friday and Saturday we worked like normal.  I am doing fine now, just some congestion in the ears and nose and stuff, but nothing to worry about.  I imagined Dad singing “Fever” since I had a fever.  It was funny.  We are supposed to go to the temple next week which will be nice.  I think we still get our normal p-day but just in case, ya ustedes saben (you already know).  Anyways, we had a few investigators at church and it has been interesting being shown around the area and getting to know the investigators.  One lady I was teaching is getting baptized on Saturday, so it will be fun to be here for that.  Most of my investigators have adjusted to the new hermanas so all is well here.  5 weeks peeps.  Craziness.  I love you guys sooooooooooooo much.  I just have a few minutes left, but all is well here in the DR ...only 4 more emails.
 
 
Here´s some pictures of Hermana Ball and me at the park today.  I hope you have a grand week and recover well Mom.  Can´t wait for email times next week.  Love you peeps, ejc



No comments: