September 17, 2012

Greetings peeps!

So I am on the computer now.  There´s isn´t power right now in the area so hopefully the place we are at has enough generator power to let us internet for an hour.  If not, I will have to look for another place or something.  Anywho, we´ve had a good p-day.  It started out great by printing your emails and getting my flight plans. Yay!!!!  Awesomeness.  Then we went to the mall and met up with Hermana Ball.  I ate lunch at Taco Bell and we had frozen yogurt.  It was so good seeing Hermana Ball.  We had a good time. Things are good here.  This transfer is halfway over. Then only one left.  So Mom, I got your package and so did Hermana Louis.  She needed some chap stick and asked, “How did you know?”  I said, “My Mom has a gift for knowing things like that.”  I sure love my awesome family.  I loved the jerky. J  So we had Stake Conference yesterday.  It was good seeing President and Hermana Hernandez.  We had a couple of investigators there.  One guy will be getting baptized on Saturday.  He had his interview last Saturday and we are getting ready for that this Saturday which is exciting.  We have some other people that hopefully will have some baptisms in October.  We were thinking about possible baptism dates and I got excited planning things like for the middle of October.  Funny thing now that school has started here... there is a school by our house and at 8 a.m. they always play their national anthem.  It’s a good reminder that it’s time to study.  Someone was watching the movie, “Enchanted”, dubbed in Spanish and I got a kick out of that.  We went with the same funny hermana last week to visit a few investigators, although none of them were home. L  But she is so funny.  She´s the one that carried me over the water.  I told her I wanted you to meet her and she said you´ll have to come here or she´ll have to come visit us.  She takes care of us like her own kids.  She is great!  Last week’s pills were just 2 pills all at once to knock it out and I am fine. Hermana Mcentire is good too, so no worries.  We have water and all is well.  Hermana Louis seems fine too.  I think they will retest if we don´t feel good but I think I am fine and I will get another dosage of the pills in 9 weeks. J  So anyways...another story from the week.  I was just going to wait and tell you this story when I got home but I thought you would like to know that the Lord protects His missionaries.  Anyways, one morning this week, I walked into the kitchen and it smelled like gas.  I looked at the stove and saw that one of the burners was turned on and had been leaking all night.  Most of the windows were closed in the house and I am not sure how much gas was in the house but I was thinking about how all of the prayers for me probably kept me safe.  What happened was that our housemates obviously weren´t thinking very clearly.  My companion used the stove at lunch and didn´t turn off the burner just the valve of the gas.  Then Hermana Mcentire´s companion used another burner that night and turned the gas back on.  When she was done she turned off the burner she was using but not the valve.  So it was a combination of the two.  Anyways, Hermana Mcentire and I will be checking the gas every night now.  There is always some ventilation in the house but I still feel like the Lord blessed us and kept us safe.  My companion lit a couple of candles in the morning too before we realized all of this. Good times in the mission. J  Anyways, we are all safe and it will not be happening again.  So crazy I hit 15 months on Saturday and Lexxy had her last month mark.  I was thinking yesterday about how it had been 18 months since we dumped her off at the airport and then Mom and I came back home and went back to bed.  I remember laying in my bunk bed thinking about how she was gone for 18 months and now that time is over...craziness.  We drove by Mendoza today and I was thinking about the time I spent there and all that I learned.  It really does have a special place in my heart.  Also, I am excited, next p-day is a BBQ in Gazcue with the Eickbushes and the next p-day we are switching to Tuesday for an hermana activity like we did before to go to some museums or something...so I will email on Tuesday.  The hermanas are planning an activity since Hermana Vera is going home this transfer.  The Eickbushes are from Utah.  They will be here ‘til March.  I heard that they both were married before and their spouses died and then they married each other.  They are the best and I can´t wait to see them this week.  I loved the Ensign about senior couples this month.  I love the Liahona.  I have my last interview with president (except for the exit interview) this Thursday and then we will be at the office again on Monday.  I am so excited that Lexxy will be home in 2 weeks...only 2 more Sundays without that little girl in Arizona...crazy...and then the craziest and awesomest Thanksgiving ever!  I have a lot to be grateful for but I think the thing I have become more grateful for during the mission is my family.   My mother is an angel, my father is a saint, and my sister, well, she´s just the best sidekick a girl could ask for.  I sure love you my forever family.  I think we will all look a little older and it will be the best reunion Sky Harbor Airport has ever had.  I can´t wait to see you guys and see all that has changed and all that has stayed the same.  Hermana Mcentire said it is going to be weird when she meets Alexis since it will be like another me.  It will be awesome for you to meet my peeps here.  Well, I am off.  I am glad the internet worked good today.   ...until next week my forever family. 
Love you, ejc

No comments: