September 24, 2012

10 days people!


Well, it has been a good week.  We had a great baptism on Saturday.  The guy is great and really going to help the branch here.  It was funny - he didn’t want us to invite tons of people but as we contacted on Friday night we would ask the people if they knew him and then invite them to the baptism.  Everyone knows everyone in these little towns ...funny.  He is a very strong guy and wasn’t going to let anything stop him.  His parents told him he had to get out of the house because they saw him come out of the church but it was so rewarding to see him get baptized.  We missionaries sang, ´I Like to Look for Rainbows´ in Spanish, which was cool.  On Sunday it was awesome to see him in his white shirt and tie.  He even got asked to give a testimony in the meeting.  These moments make it all worth it.  We had another man come to church for the second time this week.  He is from the east coast and English is his native tongue.  We gave him a Book of Mormon last Sunday and by Tuesday he had already read over a hundred pages ...way cool!  One day this week we taught him in English.  He comes to lots of the church activities and seems really interested.  He just needs an answer to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet.  He says he knows the Book of Mormon is true.  We watched the Joseph Smith movie last night and there were a couple of lines I especially liked - as we build the Lord’s temple, He builds us, and that the Lord wants us to be happy.  Seriously, it was so hard to teach the man in English.  I will try to talk in English but I know I will slip some Spanish words in.  I talk almost all the time to my companion in English but I still have words I say in Spanish. I’m definitely looking forward to a Spanglish fest with Lenny in 8 weeks ...so cool!  Yesterday, we were talking about plays and I mentioned ‘Wicked’.  My companion started singing ‘Defying Gravity’ and I was trying to remember the other one that we listened to before we saw the play.  I couldn’t remember it though.  Then as I was cleaning out this morning and going through my CDs, I took a closer look at a sampler you sent and that song is on there – it’s called ´For Good´.  The words are so great and I can think of people on my mission that I feel that way about.  I have been blessed to enjoy my latest companions a lot.  So, we had a decent p-day.  It hasn’t been my companion’s favorite day.  She got her hair cut and says it is too short.  I think it is fine.  As for mail this week, I got your package ...good job with the owl stickers.  My companion loves owls.  I got your DearElders so that was great.  I sent a package of letters home today and a bunch of postcards.  We went to Granada today and I got my hammock and some other small items.  I hope we get to go to Masaya next week with everyone who is leaving but who knows?  If not I have my basic stuff I wanted.  I can’t wait to see you.  I am sooooooooo excited.  Thanks for all the support these last 18 months and my entire life.  It’s so weird that I will be back in the real world so soon.  I can’t believe I will see you next week.  It doesn’t feel real yet.  I have loved my time here in Nicaragua and as a missionary.  I love my family more than ever and can’t wait to tell you all about my mission, nonstop.  I know the gospel is true and that knowing that, there is nothing else that matters.  Next week I have my interview with president.  I assume it will be in the morning and I will email as usual ...so weird it will be my last email.  That’s good that Lenny will email on Tuesday so she can read my last email from Nicaragua before I get home and send her one from Arizona ...way cool.  Well, I am just about out of time.  As for where I want to eat when I get home- I was thinking Tia Rosa’s since it is close and easy and I love beans and rice.  I am getting more and more anxious as we get closer but it’s a good anxious.  You are the bestest.  Have a great week!  Until next week - when I will see you in 3 days ...so crazy.  Love you tons.  Love the Nica, alc

P.S.  ...can’t wait to write my senior missionary parents when they go on a mission.

No comments: